Regularly, Stratix research reports are made public by clients operating in the public sector. Stratix also occasionally produces and publishes research on own initiative. Below you can find a selection of these publications. Click on a publication for more information.
- Title of Publication
- M2M Numbers: Numbers for machines
- On behalf of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Stratix investigated the capacity in the number plan for allowing M2M- applications on mobile phone networks.
- Research on the FM and AM radio market
- On behalf of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Stratix analyzed the market for commercial FM/AM radio and potential business models.
- Next Generation Networks and Next Generation Access
- On behalf of the International Telecommunications Users Group (INTUG) Stratix composed a position paper on the subject of Next Generation Networks (NGNs).
- Analogue CATV
- Research on behalf of OPTA on the factors of influence in the supply and demand of analogue CATV services, to get insight in the expected developments in analogue CATV.
- Filtering on the CATV network
- On behalf of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Stratix investigated the technical and economical feasibility of filtering in the analogue CATV spectrum to be able to provide separated CATV bundles.
- WiMAX and UMTS in the 2,6 GHz band
- Research on the influence of license duration and roll-out obligations on the business cases of services in the 2,6 GHz-band.
- Strategic research Telephone numbering
- Strategic research into the future of telephone numbering, taking in account developments in VoiP and fixed-mobile convergence.
- Second Opinion Smart Meter Communication
- Conclusions from an expert session, lead by Stratix, that critically assessed the infrastructure model for 'smart' energy meters employed by the Dutch ministry of ecomonic affairs.
- Building municipal wireless infrastructures
- Reserach for SURFnet on the feasability of realizing a wireless network in Utrecht based on Wi-Fi technology. In this report realization models, technology and costs are discussed. Also it includes a quick-scan of existing Wi-Fi providers in Utrecht and the demand for Wi-Fi by the SURFnet target group.
- GPON as an alternative for switching in FTTH networks
- Research report about the new generation PON-equipment as a feasible alternative for switches in FTTH networks.
- Evolution and revolution in campus infrastructure
- A vision on developments in campus infrastructure, the way in which SURFnet services respond to these developments and what the consequences are.
- Analysis of opportunities for payment with new media
- Research report on the possibilities to intensify the availability and utilization of payment through new media.
- The size and business case of spam in the Netherlands
- Inventarisation of spamming in the Netherlands, including the relevant costs or benefits, the size of the problem, identificdation of patterns and trends and possibilities for prevention.
- Report geographic numbering
- The response to concrete questions about closing the numbering plan and the economic and social effects on possible changes for geographic numbers.
- Foreign regulation on tapping
- Research in collaboration with the international law firm Norton Rose on the way that tapping is regulated in Germany, France, Austria and the United Kingdom.
- Voice-over-packet technology: Options for OPTA
- Research for OPTA to get insight on Voip technology, players in the market and possible issues and options for regulator OPTA.
- Storage of traffic information by Telecom providers
- Research on the information that is collected by providers of telecommunication networks and services in daily operations, that could b of value for (criminal) investigation.
- Freeband: A Broadband vision for The Netherlands
- A response to the joint trajectory of the Dutch ministry of economic affairs and several involved institutions to develop a vision on the future of broadband in The Netherlands.
FTTH deployment, overview 1Q2010
A detailed overview of 'Fibre to the Home' connections in The Netherlands: First province reaches more than 50% homes passed. More…
M2M Numbers: Numbers for machines
On behalf of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Stratix investigated the capacity in the number plan for allowing M2M- applications on mobile phone networks. More…
Stratix Brief: Bringing Fibre to Business
Stratix is currently developing a solution for FttH infrastructures which allows for business grade quality optical access and creates a feasible business case for competition in FttH models. More…
Next Generation Networks
On behalf of the International Telecommunications Users Group (INTUG) Stratix composed a position paper on the subject of Next Generation Networks (NGNs). More…