The main field of operation for Stratix, electronic communication, is elaborated from a technological perspective in this section
Stratix primarily focuses on infrastructures that facilitate electronic communication and all elements involved in the functions and requirements of this infrastructure. Stratix is capable to detect and assess trends in an early stage, thanks to a broad knowledge in the underlying technology, market and opportunities. This is especially crucial in the case of strategic purchases and one of the main reasons for Stratix clients to engage us.
Transmission and data networks
With transmission and data networks we refer to:
- Backbone networks, among which LAN, MAN, WAN;
- Access networks, like DSL, Coaxial, GSM/UMTS, WiFi, WiMAX, FttX;
- IP networks, VPN;
- Lightpaths in switched fiber optic networks.
Stratix expertises in this field include:
- Architecture and specifications;
- Standards and protocols, like: IP, Ethernet, MPLS, VDSL;
- Active and passive equipment and the market, like: optical en electronic multiplexers, switches, routers, etc…;
- Policy and supervision in utilization.
Generic network components
With generic network components we refer to components for:
- Network management;
- Security, access and accounting;
- Distributed computing power, storage and network capacity.
Here we refer to applications that set requirements on the functionality and specifications of the infrastructure. Examples are:
- Video and audio applications, like IP-telephony and IP-videoconferencing, streaming video implementations;
- office automatization, including Microsoft Windows/Office, Open Office and database applications;
- Client/server models and server based computing models like Citrix;
Stratix can provide tailor made consultation on all functional levels. The figure below illustrates Stratix consultancy activities ordered by field of interest and type of consult:
FTTH deployment, overview 1Q2010
A detailed overview of 'Fibre to the Home' connections in The Netherlands: First province reaches more than 50% homes passed. More…
M2M Numbers: Numbers for machines
On behalf of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Stratix investigated the capacity in the number plan for allowing M2M- applications on mobile phone networks. More…
Stratix Brief: Bringing Fibre to Business
Stratix is currently developing a solution for FttH infrastructures which allows for business grade quality optical access and creates a feasible business case for competition in FttH models. More…
Next Generation Networks
On behalf of the International Telecommunications Users Group (INTUG) Stratix composed a position paper on the subject of Next Generation Networks (NGNs). More…